How the network will be established...
A precondition to connect populations of the Violet Copper is the identification, development and conservation of stepping stones and corridors.
Actions and means involved:
in the woods
- removal of fir forests from the alluvial plain
- Initializing the development of bog woodland, alluvial forests and forests of slopes, screes and ravines
- Improvement of alluvial forests by selective forestry and initial planting of bistort rootstocks (Bistorta officinalis),
- Reintroduction of Which Elm (Ulmus glabra) on sites typically inhabited by forests of slopes, screes and ravines
on meadows and pastures
- Establishment of extensively used meadows on fir forest clearings,
- fencing of existing wet meadows, brooksides and sources,
- Reintroduction of management in wet fallows by either annually alternating mowing or grazing with low stocking rates, both in late summer/early spring
- Control of the invasive neophytic plant Himalayan Balsam (Impatiens glandulifera)